Hors d'oeuvres # 011
Why Our Students --When Problem Solving--Fail in Mathematics? Two Principles!
SIMPLE: They do not know it! Why?
1. The Law of the Signs:
- + x + = + ( positive x positive = positive) [First Law]
- + x - = - ( positive x negative = negative) [Second Law]
- - x + = - ( negative x positive = negative) [Third Law]
- - x - = + ( negative x negative = positive) [Fourth Law]
2. Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally [PEMDAS].
Just make a follow-up step-by step and arithmetically solve each itemized task of this sequence:
Thanks Aunt Sally !